I'm still on my overseas adventure...where I'll end up I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out! :)

Monday, April 9, 2007

Dad's hometown...Toledo, Ohio

To think I have spent 23 years of my life oblivious to the fact that I have a side of my family I've never met... is sad. Its been an emotional, fulfilling part of my trip here in Toledo, Ohio- my Dad's hometown! I feel blessed to have been given this chance to meet family members who I've only ever seen in pictures or spoken to on the phone. I feel I've grown or developed as a person to have seen and now understand where and how my Dad grew up...

Mum, Dad and Grandma!

Four generations of Links...Grandma, Jack, Amy and Dad

Grandma and me

The church where Mum and Dad got married...(its more like a cathedral-massive!)

36 years later... Mum and Dad on the steps of the church!

Mum and Dad's first home....in Butler Street!

The Yahtzee champ showing Mark and I how to play! (Grandma's favourite game!)

Family reunion... My cousin Kenny with his daughter Brittany, Dad with Skyla who is my other cousin Kevin's daughter, and Kevin on the end!

Aunty Donna-Jean, Amy and I

Dad, as Great Uncle Dave to Skyla and Brittany... and Grandson Jack!

Cousins... Amy, Kenny, Kevin and me! (I also have three other cousins who weren't able to make it)

We visited Dad's friend Billy's property... gorgeous country living!

Billy has a pond, fit with jetty and all, in his backyard!

Me after a hard days work ploughing..! haha...just jokes! There are corn fields everywhere!

Well... what a great part of the Link adventure this has been. You never forget where you are here... as most, if not all, houses are decorated with the American flag. Toledo is such a patriotic town!

We now head off to New York City... I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh Little Gina -
That is just amazing - I nearly cried when I saw the pic of you and grandma. So cute. I'm so happy you finally get to meet the other side of the fam. You all look like you're having a ball! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY! I'll write you an email too. Oh and Pen finally said "I do" well it was more like an "I will" It was so sweet. I'll send photos. Love you long time...GINA D

Mon said...

You have gone blog crazy!!!
Your granny looks sweet.

Remember H&M in New York. It will change your life.

In argentina now. My bag is WAY too heavy, thought I was going to have heart failure.

Miss you
lots of hugs
Mon

token tim said...

Looks like SOOOOOO much fun meeting your family! I'm proud of my little Gina!!

xx