I'm still on my overseas adventure...where I'll end up I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out! :)

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The WINDY city...

One thing about travelling that I'm not keen on is when you have to do it in small planes! Nah the trip from San Fran to Chicago wasn't too bad, but we did hit a bit of turbulence! It was great to see Dad waiting for us at our arrival gate.

We stayed at the Sheraton on this part of the "Link adventure" (as I shall now call it!) and had a great room with views of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan!

Our first day in the windy city (its definately windy...see proof in photos below!) was spent at the Navy Pier...
Lake Michigan is beautiful and blue... it felt like we were on an island! (but were really just metres from a block of highrises)

Proof I was in the "WINDY" city!

Mum and I at the Pier. The John Hancock Building is behind us... our next stop! A bit of insight for you... John Hancock is the one signature on the Declaration of Independence that stands out... so its fitting that the building is called the JH Building.
The view from the top of the John Hancock building was amazing... (its the 94th floor)
Mum and I decided to take a risk... and wash the windows!

More of the view....


After our morning at the JH building... we wandered (or walked a few km's) to the Lincoln Park Zoo!

I had my first squirrel experience on the way to the zoo... (they are everywhere! and so cute!)
Dad found some of our long lost relatives...haha!
I was a fan of the sea lions...(they swim upside down- very talented!)

I found my dream home... the architecture throughout the streets of Chicago is astounding!

All in all our adventure in Chicago was great! Mark's experience with a street guy was one of the highlights- he ended up paying 20 dollars to have his shoes cleaned! hehe...

So now we have flown to Detroit (that song "put your hands up for Detroit" was in my head the whole way!) picked up a car... and ended up in Dad's hometown of Toledo, Ohio! (it reminds me of Orange and Bathurst a little) I met my Grandma for the first time EVER today... it was such an amazing moment- one I shall always cherish.

I'll post more about this part of the Link adventure soon! xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOOWWW

more posts please. i am now accustomed to them appearing fairly regularly. youd better keep that up.

ps pen gets married tomorrow. WHAAAT??