I'm still on my overseas adventure...where I'll end up I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out! :)

Saturday, December 30, 2006

DREAMS DO COME TRUE....

Yes...I've always dreamt of having a WHITE Christmas and I've finally had it! Now what a Christmas of ups and downs! It all started Christmas Eve when I (as the 'hostess with the mostess' at the "Old Spaghetti Factory") seated Kelly Clarkson in our restaurant! I only realised after one of the servers told me. I had chatted with her and her fam about being from Aus..and she ate a whole plate of spag bol! Go Kelly! And she left a 50 dollar tip! (those who have worked in the hospitality industry over here know how important tips are...seeing as you earn 8-9 dollars an hour!) Okay so after being struck with celebrity fever what shall one do but head out to the pub for some Christmas Eve bevvy's! Only to have my night end with my camera being stolen... my celebrity high gone...and Mon, Cath and I almost burning down our house (who doesnt want nachos at 330 in the morning!)!!!

Putting the camera incident behind me... I then had an amazing Christmas Day with my Whis family! We woke up to find snow falling outside... we had carols playing (thanks to Mon's mum)... opened pressies around the tree (which Cath and Mon decided to chop down with a kitchen knife after stumbling home from a night out on the town! hehe... it's supposedly not illegal!)... built a snowman... had a snowball fight... ate ham...drank egg nog and cocktails... and then went to off to work...only to come home and have more cocktails! A VERY Merry Christmas indeed!

My Whis family around our tree...Me, Mon, Cath, John, Rach and Lee!


Me and some of my pressies..!


What a beautiful snow angel....haha!


John, Rach and I (aka. "snowman nazi") surveying our snowman progress... doesn't look to good at that stage!


He's taking shape thanks to 'snowman nazi' Beth (I still proclaim I just wanted him to look like a proper snowman!)

Yay... the finished product! A real snowman...just like in the movies!

Cheers to a great Christmas lunch... (a little hungry there Rach! hehe...)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas... and that you have an amazing new year! xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bethy!!!!
The pictures look amazing...and despite your Nazi antics I do approve of the snowman. Frosty's cute - just like in the movies! The snow looks unreal. It was so hot in QLD this Christmas. GROSS! Bum about the camera. You are lucky you are with Mon and Cath who can share their photos! Hope you had an awesome Christmas. New Years Eve here in Orange was way cool.....NOT! Work the next day was double cool. Boo hoo. And how good is the news about Ab and Ben! Better dash - love you long time, Gina D. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Beth said...

Hey Gina... thanks for approving of my snowman! Glad you had fun with the fam in QLD at chrissy. Good luck with your move to the Gong! I can't believe you are going there just as I left! crazy...
Miss you Gina! xo