I'm still on my overseas adventure...where I'll end up I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out! :)

Monday, October 1, 2007

run bethy run...

It has been a while since I have posted anything, so I figure why not give you all a photographic tour of what I get to see every day during my morning jog in Boston! Enjoy...

Leave the boat at around 730am...careful not to fall into the water while still trying to wake up!

Head through this harbour side park... normally full of early morning walkers or people on their way to work!
Head down the street past the gym... where I try and get to each afternoon!

Past "The Sail Loft".... one of my favourite bars!
Around this construction site... where the traffic policeman stands each and every morning, smiling at me while holding his starbucks!

I then venture past the north end baseball field....and through another park, where I try not to breathe in too much to avoid a wift of the stench from the group of homeless people who call it home!
The park is one of many that run along the banks of the Charles River...(also where NFL hottie Tom Brady lives- too bad he isn't an early morning runner!)

Fishermen make the most of the early morning... always giving me a wave, as I make my way to the bridge!
I always seem to run a little faster when I get to this section of the bridge... go figure!
At the half-way mark now... I head past this restaurant/bar where I've always wanted to go but never got around to it.
Through yet another park... where the designer gets credit for paying alot of attention to detail! Back over the bridge.... past the Charles River again! And then....
argh... why I put myself through the pain at this point I don't know...

there's a rush of achievement that makes it worth while...

I then head down the hill to Hanover Street.... heart of the Italian quarter!


Past the fire station... where the firemen are always sitting out the front greeting everyone!


I then dodge in and out of the old Italian men... always gossiping out the front of a popular cafe!


A new edition... this park is right in the middle of a major roadway!


Onto this street that was empty today... but come Friday and Saturday it is full of stalls for the farmers markets!


I then take my life into my own hands.... crossing here... where drivers dont stop! (its not law here to stop for pedestrians!)


At this point my legs are normally hurting... but because Im getting closer to the end, I speed up heading through Fanueil Hall!


past Tia's... another favourite drinking hole!


Getting to this point I can't help but smile to myself... I am metres from finishing! (you can see the yacht at the back, through the sail boats!) I walk down the dock under the watchful eyes of tourists lining the harbour... who look as if they are trying to work out if the girl with the cap and big sunnies heading to the big yacht is anyone famous... I wish!

Yay... huffing and puffing I stumble up the stairs... ready to start the day!

Hope you enjoyed that run as much as I did! :)

No comments: