I'm still on my overseas adventure...where I'll end up I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out! :)

Friday, July 27, 2007

Crusing through Maine...

Maine.... in three words I would describe it as GREEN, WILDERNESS, and FRESH! Each and every town we ventured to over the past two weeks has just blown me away.

First stop... Kennebunkport (or Kennysbumport as Bonnie calls it) where Sr George Bush has a vacation home! Its a small town, but very quaint and full of friendly people.


one of the scenes from our stay in Kennebunkport... oh so lovely, even in the fog!
heading out of Kennebunkport...

Second stop... Portland, where a mass of seagulls greeted us! Portland is known as a commercial fishing area, and the birds were there for lunch! There are also plenty of historical buildings... awesome cafes (one that Bonnie and I came across had a VERY spunky barista!) and a great vibe!

Third stop... as we moved along the towns just got better and better! From Portland we headed to Boothbay- where I tried my first EVER lobster!!!!! Yes I actually pulled off the legs and everything (those who know me, know that I am not a fan of eating things with eyes!)

first fish... now lobster... Bonnie is getting me to eat everything I never thought I'd like!

Bonnie... contemplating life, on a walk to the main town

we were docked right near a church that would play a chime song every hour... so beautiful in a location like Boothbay!
me.. listening to the chimes!
I haven't posted too many photos of the boat... this one I like!

the giant fisherman... and me!

salt water taffy is everywhere over here...

some of the stores were so quirky!

lobster pods...
me hard at work, untying the tender!

Fourth stop... Camden! All I can say about this town is that the people are so friendly, they have plenty of markets, and its oh so GREEN!!! I went on a hike through Camden Hills State Park one afternoon... amazing.the beginning of the walk...or a hike/climb as I soon found out!

About one hour into it... will I ever make it!

Oh yes I did... and the view was wonderful!
a panoramic view of the town below... it sits at the bottom of three mountains!

Our final stop on the Maine trip was Bar Harbor... I have read about it, but never could have imagined how gorgeous and green it is! Bonnie, Dave and I were lucky enough to get an afternoon off, and so we headed out on a sunset kayak... I'll let the pictures do the talking!

hi-ho hi-ho its off to work we go...!

wow... the sunset was unbelievable.... being out there with nothing but the ocean and birds to hear!

Dave, Bonnie and I...

amazing...

As you can see we had a great time cruising through Maine... I really do hope that one day I visit again!

Miss you all xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

howdy sailor!
I can't believe you finally ate lobster.. what with it being so life like and all! Does that mean I don't have to peel your prawns for you anymore?

Anonymous said...

who is josie?? and where are your pussycats!?