I'm still on my overseas adventure...where I'll end up I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out! :)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Newport, Rhode Island

Okay... so I know I have been slack in keeping my blog updated, but I promise I have a valid excuse! I've been working lots...and I'm having camera issues! So thanks to Bonnie I have some photos of our recent stay in Newport, Rhode Island! In Newport you are either very preppy or a surfer dude! (or a yachtie like us!) Its a gorgeous town... well known for its sailing and mega mega ritzy mansions that line the cliffs!

We were lucky to get a day off so we headed to the mansions... toured one... and walked and walked and walked the "cliff walk" (not a good idea in jeans mind you!) Heres some pics...

Let the adventure begin...

One of the many great homes along the cliff... at some points you are walking through people's gardens!

If you could see the view these people have... overlooking the atlantic ocean!

"The Breakers"- we toured inside this mansion! I had a sore neck afterwards... most of the ceilings were mosaic... hand-made piece by piece!

me outside 'the breakers'

along the walk we found these crazy tunnels... pitch black- they totally freaked me out!

Bonnie and I...
At one end of the walk there is Newport Beach...

now you can see why wearing jeans was a bad choice... lets just say I stood out at the beach! hehe...

What a way to end the day... with a drink (or two) at sunset!

As of today we are cruising up to Maine... so I'll have a few more photos soon! Miss you all.... xoxo

1 comment:

token tim said...

That last pic you posted is just BEAUTIFUL!

Nice work Betharoonie and Bonnie Fekkin Muddle!

We miss youse!!

xx